Welcome to the Hyattsville Wire, your premier source for lifestyle news for Mount Rainier, Brentwood, Hyattsville, Riverdale Park, University Park, College Park and the Route 1 corridor in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C., with a focus on dining, arts and culture, history, urban planning, and real estate and development.
Got an event?
Add it to our calendar for free!
- Vegan Soul Food Cafe Headed to Mount Rainier
- Lidl to Open in College Park on June 19
- Lidl Grocery Store Headed to College Park
- Lidl to Open in College Park in Mid to Late June
- Kahvie Coffee Shop Now Open in Hyattsville
- Route 1's Habit Burger Has a Secret Menu
- Why College Park's New Bubble Tea Cafe is Big
- Capital Bikeshare Keeps Expanding on Route 1
- Mount Rainier's Pennyroyal Station Opening Soon
- College Park Moves Closer to Opening Lidl
See Who Won!
- Art District Hyattsville
- Arts District Hyattsville
- Busboys and Poets
- College Park
- Gateway CDC
- Historic District
- Mall at Prince Georges
- MilkBoy ArtHouse
- Mount Rainier
- Pizzeria Paradiso
- Posh Cycling & Fitness
- public art
- Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center
- real estate
- Riverdale Park
- Riverdale Park Station
- Route 1
- Streetcar 82 Brewing Co.
- University of Maryland
- University Park
- University Town Center
- Vigilante Coffee
- Whole Foods
Got An Event?
Tag Archives: Baltimore & Ohio Railroad
Create your own masterpiece with renowned artist Larry Poncho Brown. No experience needed. All supplies included. Register in advance: www.verlocal.com/event/celebritypaintparty3. 3311 Rhode Island Ave. Mt Rainier MD 20712
You can credit the family that owned the Riversdale mansion for Riverdale Park’s historic train stop. At the turn of the 19th century, the Calvert family owned a 729-acre plantation north of Bladensburg, where they grew tobacco and other crops. The property … Continue reading
Every Springfield must have its Shelbyville. Just as the fictional hometown of “The Simpsons” has its cross-town rival of Shelbyville, so too does Hyattsville have its Bladensburg. Except maybe Bladensburg is the ill-begotten Springfield in this scenario. From the Washington … Continue reading