Welcome to the Hyattsville Wire, your premier source for lifestyle news for Mount Rainier, Brentwood, Hyattsville, Riverdale Park, University Park, College Park and the Route 1 corridor in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C., with a focus on dining, arts and culture, history, urban planning, and real estate and development.
Got an event?
Add it to our calendar for free!
- You Can Now Taste Christian Heurich's Beer
- The Story of Hyattsville's Forgotten Dairy Farm
- Why the Bladensburg Cross Survived a Challenge
- Vegan Soul Food Cafe Headed to Mount Rainier
- Lidl to Open in College Park on June 19
- Four Route 1 Eateries Make 'Best Casual' List
- Barrel-Aged Gin Now at Hyattsville's Sangfroid
- Why College Park's New Bubble Tea Cafe is Big
- How Mount Rainier Inspired 'The Exorcist'
See Who Won!
- Art District Hyattsville
- Arts District Hyattsville
- Busboys and Poets
- College Park
- Gateway CDC
- Historic District
- Mall at Prince Georges
- MilkBoy ArtHouse
- Mount Rainier
- Pizzeria Paradiso
- Posh Cycling & Fitness
- public art
- Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center
- real estate
- Riverdale Park
- Riverdale Park Station
- Route 1
- Streetcar 82 Brewing Co.
- University of Maryland
- University Park
- University Town Center
- Vigilante Coffee
- Whole Foods
Got An Event?
Tag Archives: Cafe Azul
A wildly popular and fast-growing Peruvian chicken chain in the greater D.C. area got its start on Route 1. Started by a Greek family in Beltsville in 2008, Sardi’s Chicken is known for its pollo a la brasa, a type … Continue reading
A Venezuelan restaurant on Baltimore Ave., in Hyattsville has gained praise as one of the nine best places for arepas in the greater Washington area. Eater D.C. praised the offerings at Caracas de Ayer, originally known as Cafe Azul, which was started … Continue reading
Vigilante Coffee is aiming to open its new College Park location in mid-March. The interior work is mostly finished at the former liquor store location, which now boasts a new neon sign on the exterior as well as a mural … Continue reading
Cafe Azul added some outdoor art to its Arts District space. The Venezuelan restaurant along Route 1 brought in Baltimore street artist Michael William Kirby to add three new paintings to its exterior. Previously, the space had signs up advertising the … Continue reading