Welcome to the Hyattsville Wire, your premier source for lifestyle news for Mount Rainier, Brentwood, Hyattsville, Riverdale Park, University Park, College Park and the Route 1 corridor in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C., with a focus on dining, arts and culture, history, urban planning, and real estate and development.
Got an event?
Add it to our calendar for free!
- Vegan Soul Food Cafe Headed to Mount Rainier
- Lidl to Open in College Park on June 19
- Lidl Grocery Store Headed to College Park
- Lidl to Open in College Park in Mid to Late June
- Kahvie Coffee Shop Now Open in Hyattsville
- Route 1's Habit Burger Has a Secret Menu
- Why College Park's New Bubble Tea Cafe is Big
- Capital Bikeshare Keeps Expanding on Route 1
- Mount Rainier's Pennyroyal Station Opening Soon
- College Park Moves Closer to Opening Lidl
See Who Won!
- Art District Hyattsville
- Arts District Hyattsville
- Busboys and Poets
- College Park
- Gateway CDC
- Historic District
- Mall at Prince Georges
- MilkBoy ArtHouse
- Mount Rainier
- Pizzeria Paradiso
- Posh Cycling & Fitness
- public art
- Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center
- real estate
- Riverdale Park
- Riverdale Park Station
- Route 1
- Streetcar 82 Brewing Co.
- University of Maryland
- University Park
- University Town Center
- Vigilante Coffee
- Whole Foods
Got An Event?
Tag Archives: DC GlassWorks
Come in out of the cold! DC GlassWorks studio artists invite you to our Winter Open House. Meet the artists, see their latest locally handmade creations and watch the magic happen. See free glassblowing demonstrations, tour artist studios, shop handmade … Continue reading
D.C. GlassWorks is a glass-blowing and sculpture studio for everybody. Located in a garage in an industrial park in Edmonston, the studio offers workshops and lessons for beginners, workshops for intermediate glass-blowers and rental space for professionals. Beth Hess, a College … Continue reading
Beth Hess is a regular at the D.C. GlassWorks studio in Edmonston. The “crafter-in-chief” at Wunder Around, the College Park resident talked with the Hyattsville Wire by email about how she got started in glass. How did you get into … Continue reading