Welcome to the Hyattsville Wire, your premier source for lifestyle news for Mount Rainier, Brentwood, Hyattsville, Riverdale Park, University Park, College Park and the Route 1 corridor in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C., with a focus on dining, arts and culture, history, urban planning, and real estate and development.
Got an event?
Add it to our calendar for free!
- Vegan Soul Food Cafe Headed to Mount Rainier
- Lidl to Open in College Park on June 19
- Lidl Grocery Store Headed to College Park
- Lidl to Open in College Park in Mid to Late June
- Kahvie Coffee Shop Now Open in Hyattsville
- Route 1's Habit Burger Has a Secret Menu
- Why College Park's New Bubble Tea Cafe is Big
- Capital Bikeshare Keeps Expanding on Route 1
- Mount Rainier's Pennyroyal Station Opening Soon
- College Park Moves Closer to Opening Lidl
See Who Won!
- Art District Hyattsville
- Arts District Hyattsville
- Busboys and Poets
- College Park
- Gateway CDC
- Historic District
- Mall at Prince Georges
- MilkBoy ArtHouse
- Mount Rainier
- Pizzeria Paradiso
- Posh Cycling & Fitness
- public art
- Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center
- real estate
- Riverdale Park
- Riverdale Park Station
- Route 1
- Streetcar 82 Brewing Co.
- University of Maryland
- University Park
- University Town Center
- Vigilante Coffee
- Whole Foods
Got An Event?
Tag Archives: MOM’s Organic Market
Proteus Bicycles will open at its new location next to Mom’s Organic Market in College Park on Saturday, Dec. 15. Continue reading
This winter, Proteus Bicycles will move to a new, more spacious location next to Mom’s Organic Market in College Park. The locally owned bicycle shop, which had been at the same location at 9217 Baltimore Ave. since 1972, had been … Continue reading
If any place would be appropriate to bring back the pinball machine, it would be somewhere on the Route 1 corridor. After all, the heyday of the pinball era was the 1950s and ’60s — the exact time when the … Continue reading
When MOM’s Organic Market started in 1987, it was still hard to find organic groceries. Today, they often seem like they’re everywhere. The local chain has responded by going greener than ever, especially in its newly expanded College Park location … Continue reading
The city of Hyattsville has added more electric vehicle charging stations to Route 1. The new charging stations are located in the municipal lot behind the post office on Gallatin Street, around the corner from Vigilante Coffee. This is part … Continue reading