Welcome to the Hyattsville Wire, your premier source for lifestyle news for Woodridge, D.C., Mount Rainier, Brentwood, Hyattsville, Riverdale Park, University Park, College Park and the greater Route 1 corridor in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C., with a focus on dining, arts and culture, history, urban planning, and real estate and development.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Got an event?
Add it to our calendar for free!
- How Mount Rainier Inspired 'The Exorcist'
- Riverdale Park's Bikram Yoga Adds Coworking
- Woodridge's New Organic Restaurant Now Open
- How Route 1 Became an Authentic Taco Haven
- Route 1's Habit Burger Has a Secret Menu
- Relive the Streetcar Era Along Route 1
- An Interview With Designer Elizabeth Hargrave
- Greenbelt's Role in the Apollo 11 Moon Landing
- The East Coast Greenway's Route 1 Connections
- Townhomes Coming to West Hyattsville
Got An Event?
- Art District Hyattsville
- Arts District Hyattsville
- Busboys and Poets
- College Park
- Gateway CDC
- Historic District
- Mall at Prince Georges
- MilkBoy ArtHouse
- Mount Rainier
- Pizzeria Paradiso
- Posh Cycling & Fitness
- public art
- Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center
- real estate
- Riverdale Park
- Riverdale Park Station
- Route 1
- Streetcar 82 Brewing Co.
- University of Maryland
- University Park
- University Town Center
- Vigilante Coffee
- Whole Foods
Tag Archives: skateboarding
Skateboarders are not welcome at University Town Center. But they should be. The Hyattsville Wire noticed this sign recently at the housing-and-retail development near Prince George’s Plaza. We think it’s self-defeating. As the sport’s fans often say, “skateboarding is not … Continue reading
Hyattsville’s newest park shows how far skateboarding has come. Back in the “Dogtown and Z-Boys” era of the 1970s, skateboarding had an illicit reputation, especially since most skaters were doing their grinds and kickflips on benches, sidewalks and empty swimming … Continue reading